Re: I compiled XEmacs with ccc

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> writes:

> What is ccc and where can I get it?

ccc is Compaq's compiler for the Alpha platform. It is fas better at
optimizing compute-intensive code than gcc is; especially in the
floating-point arena, your Alpha will perform much better iff you have
enough data so it has something to chew on.
I hadn't expected that much of a boost from compiling Xemacs, but
maybe this is due to the fact, that the binary packages from the
debian site are compiled to run on EV4 processors and thus didn't make
use of the extensions in my PCA56.

You can get the compiler's final version (I was using a beta) from
http://www.compaq.com

kind Regards,
--
Eberhard Burr      PGP key ID: DAF93D11    fingerprint: 1D 0B F9 53 E1 CA 21 1A
                                                        91 55 DB C8 1F 4C 0C B6