ESS1888 config

Hi,

Alomost reday with my Alpha, thanks to the help of several people.
Last issue: my ESS1888 sound card (on-board !)
Tried to build a new kernel with sound support, with the obviuos
settings: 220, 330 irq 5 dma 1,5   and -1, but that does not work.
I get error message during kernel compilation. Does anybody have
a PWS with an ESS1888 onboard ?  If yes: which kernel setting do
you use to get sound ?

Thanks,
Aernoudt

"The Tuxomatic 21164-A(TM) with patented Gates-Be-Gone(TM) gets rid of blue
 screens in a flash! It forks! It blits! Look at those fantastic pixels!
 It surfs the web! You could even host an ISP with it!"

Unix: the solution to the W2K problem