kernel sources for alpha? (Re: Not detecting SCSI drive)

I half-solved yesterday's SCSI disk problem, enough that I could
unpack base2.1 onto it and start install Debian.

Since I deleted unconfigured.sh and simply rebooted, I think I
have to set the the default keys and timezone.  Anything special
to do except install or configure some packages?

Also, I want to try recompiling a kernel for this beast, so I got
kernel-source-2.0.36 off the CD.  Under system type, it lets me
choose between the usual 386, 486, Pentium, etc.  No alpha
listed.  I know on Red Hat the sources are patched and I can even
select LX164.  What do I do on Debian?  No alpha-patched sources?

Thanks!
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada