Re: bug (?) with xsm

On Tue 14 Sep 1999, Jean-Paul Blaquiere wrote:

> i just did a potato apt-get update, upgrade and when it came to updating xsm
> it complained about /etc/X11/xsm/system.xsm being a circular link (ie to
> /etc/X11/xsm/system.xsm)  Originally, I had /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xsm/system.xsm
> as a symbolic link to /etc/X11/xsm/system.xsm but I cannot see how this would
> affect the circular linking .....

dpkg doesn't always behave correctly when encountering symlinks in its
path...  Did you try removing the symlink and reinstalling xsm? Use
dpkg directly. You could also try removing xsm first.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/