Re: SX Clock (was: mispackaged packages...)

On Fri 27 Aug 1999, Ettore Aldrovandi wrote:

> I'm a silent observer of axp-list: it seems a number of people were
> unhappy with 2.2.11, after some initial enthusiasm. Problems with NCR
> SCSI boards, IIRC. Hi have an NCR810 so I was a little reluctant. Anyway

That was me :-)

There was a bug introduced in the memory-mapping of the IO stuff when
the base of the mapping changed from 1GB to 2GB. This was fixed in
2.2.10 or 2.2.11. However, in my specific case, there was another bug
that was revealed by the 1GB -> 2GB change; on the CIA chipset (used in
XLT systems) an include file had a typo where MEMORY_SIZE (or whatever
it's called) was used for _both_ the base and the size. So, it still
tried to find the IO region at offset 1GB instead of 2GB.

This is now fixed in 2.2.12.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.demon.nl http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/