Re: SX Clock (was: mispackaged packages...)

ettore@sg1.hep.fsu.edu (Ettore Aldrovandi) writes:

> I'm a silent observer of axp-list: it seems a number of people were
> unhappy with 2.2.11, after some initial enthusiasm. Problems with NCR
> SCSI boards, IIRC. Hi have an NCR810 so I was a little reluctant. Anyway
> I can probably try 2.2.12 or whatever is the last when I go back. The
> machine is turned off right now, so no harm done :-)

axp-list? is that on vger? I'm lurking the kernel list and was nervous
about going to 2.2.8 when I heard from some fs-corruption. (that was
when my machine still had an AMD-K6 in it) Since 2.2.7 was rock-solid
for me and i still had the source tree on my disk, it was one of the
first things to install (wanted to get my TV working because I was
still expecting lengthy gaps to fill with some trivial pursuit while
my number-cruncher works, but no, this thingie is so fast, it won't
even let me smoke a cigarette once in a while ;-).

So if you know of serious problems with 2.2.7, I'll use a more recent
one but I'm using an ASUS SC200 controller which is NCR810 based and
so I'll hesitate for the moment.

kind Regards,
--
Eberhard Burr    check http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~Eberhard.Burr/publickey.asc
                 for PGP Key -- #include <stddisc.h> -- electric cookie follows