Re: Fakeroot

On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 08:48:06AM +0200, Bart Warmerdam wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 11:14:04PM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> >
> copying with rights preserved dir1/link.txt dir2/link.txt folowed by a
> permission denied (for memory).
>
> When time permits I'll look into it this evening again :)
>
> Most packaging should work though (had no problems sofar)! So don't let this
> be a showstopper...

  Using fakeroot some more I discovered it also has problems with g+s
  directories. When chmod g-s -R debian/tmp the result gives still an error in
  packaging the deb. The control directory has rights 2755 instead of 775 or
  755. This doesn't happen when you remove the +s from the intire packagetree
  before you build it. Fakeroot still has some major flaws... :(

  B.

--
B. Warmerdam                                              GNU/Debian Linux
bartw@xs4all.nl, bartw@debian.org (Keyid: 10A0FDD1)       ----------------