Re: Fakeroot

On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 11:14:04PM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Bart Warmerdam wrote:
>
> > I think this works out as well... It's a shame to see ppl working on their
> > package knowing it's not needed (mmm why does this sound familiar :)
>
> Hehehehe...ok.  I'll send one out tonight or first thing tomorrow.  I've
> had an awful day today and don't feel like being nice on -devel :-)
>
> > I thought a comment of Jason was to wait for a working fakeroot before
> > switching. If we notify him maybe he can upgrade soon?
>
> Yes, that would probably spur him into upgrading it.  He was definitely
> waiting for fakeroot to work.

I had one hickup last evening. When copying cp -a dir1 dir2 you get a:
copying with rights preserved dir1/link.txt dir2/link.txt folowed by a
permission denied (for memory).

When time permits I'll look into it this evening again :)

Most packaging should work though (had no problems sofar)! So don't let this
be a showstopper...

B.