Installation was broken: keyboard not working

Phil Oleson writes:
 > 	Problem is that the keyboard fails to work in the initial
 > installation dialog, but will work in a diff virtual console(alt-F2).

The keyboard problem was probably happening on all
machines. I have now put a workaround (commented the code that put the
install prog stderr on virtual console 3)  and that seems to work
well. The new root1440.bin is at the usual place:
http://lhpca.univ-lyon1.fr/axp/debian.html (I have replaced the old
file without changing the name).  Works for me.

Please try it, thanks.

Loic

P.S.:
I have finally manage to plug a floppy disk, a CDROM, a keyboard and
a monitor in a previously headless/floppyless/cdromless lx164 to do
ultimate testing.