Re: Slink release - what's left?

Christopher C Chimelis writes:

 > On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:
 >
 > > Anything else?
 >
 > I need to squeeze in one more release of binutils which fixes sparc64
 > support, but other than that, I'm done with my packages and ready to move
 > on to potato.
 >
 > As for the Alpha release, Loic Prylli is the person most involved with our
 > boot disk situation.  All other contacts are listed on the Alpha port
 > page.  From what I can tell, we have only one package that's known to not
 > work, hylafax.  Work is being done on that right now anyway, so I don't
 > expect that to take too long to resolve (most likely requires some
 > 64-bitness fixes).

There is still an important issue with NIS, has anybody try to explore
it yet? I corrected a 64 issue some time ago, but ypbind still
segfault after a long time. Maybe it is not Alpha-specific as I saw
 the same problem on powerpc machines.

Am I the only one to see a annoying bug with dpkg: when passing a
non-existent .deb, it segfaults when using a non-US locale?

ex: LANG=fr_FR dpkg -i foo.deb
#LANG=de_DE dpkg -i foo.deb
Segmentation fault
#LANG=fr_FR dpkg -i foo.deb
Segmentation fault
#LANG=en_US dpkg -i foo.deb
dpkg: error processing foo.deb (--install):
 cannot access archive: No such file or directory
 foo.deb

Loic