Re: Where do I find Communicator?

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Robert Stone wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
>

> > On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Robert Stone wrote:
> >
> > > 	Umm, not that I know anything about the problem really, but
> > > Netscape generated a Digital Unix binary, wasn't that 64 bit?  Can we find
> > > out what they did to get a compile?
> >
> > Basically, they used a Digital Unix cc switch to compile everything as
> > 32-bit, which eliminates all of the problems.  IMO, it was a cheesy
> > workaround for poor portability coding, but it worked at the time.  I'm
> > hoping to see better from the Mozilla packages, but so far, little
> > progress has been made to make the beast more port-friendly (they have
> > done some neat stuff to the back-end, though, although not related to
> > making things 64-bit clean).
> >
> 	Ick, you're right, that is cheezy.  mozilla.org doesn't list any
> 64 bit architectures for port projects, that makes me worry.  Are there
> any groups working on one (alpha or other 64 bit arch) that you know of?
> 	I'd have thought this would have been one of the first projects
> addressed once the source got into public hands.

I was looking on the Debian homepage the other day because I want to work
on Debian "offically".  I've been reading this list for a while now (like
they suggested).  Anyway, I saw the LessTif and Mozilla were up for grabs
(is that true for Alpha?), so I would like to take those.  I was waiting
for the compiler problem (it was fixed, but I'm waiting until most of the
packages are rercompilled) and X to be pretty much done before I
reinstalled Debian, how are those going?

Any thoughts/suggestions?  Even stuff about joining Debian will be
welcome.

I look forward to joining your team.

Paul

pjjarosz@computer.org