Re: Where do I find Communicator?

On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 10:47:18AM -0800, Robert Stone wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, John Goerzen wrote:
> > The problem, basically, is that Netscape's code has serious problems with
> > being 64-bit clean.  *Serious* problems.  They are still working on trying
> > to remove the problems from Mozilla.
> >
> 	Umm, not that I know anything about the problem really, but
> Netscape generated a Digital Unix binary, wasn't that 64 bit?  Can we find
> out what they did to get a compile?

Digital's C compiler for DUNIX has a "-taso" option, which does some
magic to allow some programs which depend on pointers being 32-bit
work.  Supposedly Navigator for DUNIX is compiled with this option.
gcc doesn't have a similar option.

-andy
--
Andy Isaacson adisaacs@mtu.edu adi@acm.org    Fight Spam, join CAUCE: