Re: Where do I find Communicator?

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Robert Stone wrote:
>
> > 	Umm, not that I know anything about the problem really, but
> > Netscape generated a Digital Unix binary, wasn't that 64 bit?  Can we find
> > out what they did to get a compile?
>
> Basically, they used a Digital Unix cc switch to compile everything as
> 32-bit, which eliminates all of the problems.  IMO, it was a cheesy
> workaround for poor portability coding, but it worked at the time.  I'm
> hoping to see better from the Mozilla packages, but so far, little
> progress has been made to make the beast more port-friendly (they have
> done some neat stuff to the back-end, though, although not related to
> making things 64-bit clean).

	Ick, you're right, that is cheezy.  mozilla.org doesn't list any
64 bit architectures for port projects, that makes me worry.  Are there
any groups working on one (alpha or other 64 bit arch) that you know of?
	I'd have thought this would have been one of the first projects
addressed once the source got into public hands.

						thanks,
						Robert