Re: Missing Library for X

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Jeff Katcher wrote:

> I am using the SVGA server, however the X config (xserver-configure?)
> asks me if I want to create the XFree86 configuration file (y/n), I
> answer
> y and hit <enter>, and i return to the prompt.

Hmmm...try running xf86config manually.  This definitely needs to be
addressed in the next X series of packages (hint hint to Paul :-).

> Do you think i might be better off with a Generic S3 card, I think i
> have one
> around here somewhere? ;-)

Maybe, but not sure.  I've got some S3's that have worked for console
work, but I never got to test them under X (only have 32MB RAM, so I
didn't dare).  Try running xf86config manually and, if it still doesn't
start despite a real config file, then try the S3's...