Re: FWD on req. dl II [gp@atnet.at: Re: Hows Alphadebian doing?]

> ----- Forwarded message from Gerhard Poul <gp@atnet.at> -----
>
> I think it's really good that I wrote this mail because now I know that
> there are some people out there who work on the debian-alpha and that it's
> not a dead project... But I haven't seen any new things on the alpha-port
> page and nothing on this mailing list... And so I (and maybe also some
> others) thought that this would be dead... :(((

Of course, the fact that the mailing list isn't so active is because
everything simply works, so no one has any questions. (Note: this is
partly a joke :-)

But seriously, if you thought that the port was dead, you should have
taken a look at the dates of the alpha .debs on the ftp site; you would
have seen that the port is ACTIVELY maintained.  The technical non-alpha
specific discussions are held on debian-devel; whenever there's
something alpha-specific that needs to be discussed, you'll see mention
of it here on debian-alpha. Personally I'm *very* glad that debian-alpha
is low volume; debian-devel is mostly unreadable because of the hunderds
of messages. I end up deleting very large parts of it.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands