Re: xmkmf not working correctly

On Wed 09 Sep 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Anders Hammarquist wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiousity, which cpp are you using? Mine (2.90.29-0.6)
> > gives this:
> >
> > > cpp -dM x.c
> > #define __linux__ 1
> > #define linux 1
> > #define _LONGLONG 1
> > #define __alpha__ 1
> > #define __linux 1
> > #define __ELF__ 1
> > #define __alpha 1
> > #define unix 1
> >
> > which is probably how I managed to get X built...
>
> I can tack these in as well, if needed.  It only takes an hour or so to
> build egcs now :-)

At least the __alpha__ is also needed. The current cpp only defines
__alpha (which I thought would be enough, but I was looking in the osf
part ;-( ).  Anyway, I got chimera2 built by "fixing" imake.cf.  So this
was indeed the problem.

> Just a note, there were a ton of comments in the ChangeLog for egcs
> regarding deletions to the CPP_PREDEFINES stuff all around.  I didn't read
> deep enough to find out why these changes were made yet, but I would be
> happy to reinsert the older defines if needed.

I'd be interested in knowing why they removed the predefines...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands