Re: xmkmf not working correctly

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:

> At least the __alpha__ is also needed. The current cpp only defines
> __alpha (which I thought would be enough, but I was looking in the osf
> part ;-( ).  Anyway, I got chimera2 built by "fixing" imake.cf.  So this
> was indeed the problem.

Great.  I'll add the other stuff in as soon as alpha.debian.nl comes back
up (any idea of what's going on with that?).  My net connection sucks
rocks right now too, so fetching the source to egcs on my UDB could take
days...

> I'd be interested in knowing why they removed the predefines...

Me too.  I'll look at the changelogs when I add the rest of the predefines
and summarise it for all of us.