Re: comments on Debian Alpha HOWTO

"Marc" == Marc A Volovic <marc@bard.org.il> writes:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 04:54:08PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> Marc, is there anyway I could convince you to edit/diff against the
>> Install Manual SGML files (yes, they're linuxdoc not debiandoc,
>> haven't had a chance to fix that yet)?  This would save a lot of
>> duplicated effort.

> No problem. Actually, I generated my data before consulting your
> page. I need no convincing - we two are _NOT_ in a competition. As
> far as I am concerned, you have primacy, since your work is more
> general than my own.

Cool.  BTW, don't ever be worried about criticizing what I've done, or
how I'm doing it.  I have a *very* think skin.  I like criticism.

Ego is unimportant; an excellent Install Manual is what is important.

> Would you like me to do the Alpha section or would you prefer to
> assume responsibility for the entire manual for Alpha. I'm willing
> to have it either way. In the latter case - I will mail you the sgml
> files I have.

Hmm.  I'd rather you owned the Alpha section.  The thing is that I own
the flow and the structure.  That's why it seems easiest to me if you
take little chunks and feed those to me, we throw it all in the pot,
and go from there.  I don't want to have to map radically different
documents on to each other, it's a PITA.  But if you feed me, like,
sections or subsections, that's the best.

Right now the chunks I think we should start with are the hardware
tables and partitioning instructions.  After that, we'll attack
MILO/SRM and all that booting jazz.

BTW, I hang out on #debian-devel quite a bit, esp. weekends and
evenings (NYC time).