Re: comments on Debian Alpha HOWTO

"Marc" == Marc A Volovic <marc@bard.org.il> writes:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 02:43:03PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> Now, I don't have an Alpha; I can only read about it and try to
>> figure out what to say. Hardly an optimal position for a
>> documenter.  If you'd like to help, please feel free to just email
>> me or <debian-boot@lists.debian.org> blocks of text. Remeber, I'm
>> not on the <debian-alpha> list.

> A new version, only slightly updated but with a first stab at
> identifying boot disk sets for a given architecture, is now online.

> Please review the modifications (which are, admitedly, minor. I am
> most interested in Loic's opinions, since he's the one producing
> boot disk sets...

Argh!  We're duplicatating each other's work!

My data, again, from
<URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/alpha/install-2.html>,
has all this information, more or less, in an easy to use chart.  My
data is from the Debian boot-floppies package itself and the RedHat
lists of architectures.

I feel that the compact tabular layout is more appropriate for the
Install Manual as well.

Marc, is there anyway I could convince you to edit/diff against the
Install Manual SGML files (yes, they're linuxdoc not debiandoc,
haven't had a chance to fix that yet)?  This would save a lot of
duplicated effort.

I've set it up so you can download teh SGML source w/o messing around
with CVS at <URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/source/>.
Like the HTML, this will be auto-regenerated nightly out of CVS.