Re: comments on Debian Alpha HOWTO

"Marc" == Marc A Volovic <marc@bard.org.il> writes:
> On Sun, Dec 13, 1998 at 02:43:03PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>> Now, I don't have an Alpha; I can only read about it and try to
>> figure out what to say. Hardly an optimal position for a
>> documenter.  If you'd like to help, please feel free to just email
>> me or <debian-boot@lists.debian.org> blocks of text. Remeber, I'm
>> not on the <debian-alpha> list.

> A new version, only slightly updated but with a first stab at
> identifying boot disk sets for a given architecture, is now online.

> Please review the modifications (which are, admitedly, minor. I am
> most interested in Loic's opinions, since he's the one producing
> boot disk sets...

Argh!  We're duplicatating each other's work!

My data, again, from
has all this information, more or less, in an easy to use chart.  My
data is from the Debian boot-floppies package itself and the RedHat
lists of architectures.

I feel that the compact tabular layout is more appropriate for the
Install Manual as well.

Marc, is there anyway I could convince you to edit/diff against the
Install Manual SGML files (yes, they're linuxdoc not debiandoc,
haven't had a chance to fix that yet)?  This would save a lot of
duplicated effort.

I've set it up so you can download teh SGML source w/o messing around
with CVS at <URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/source/>.
Like the HTML, this will be auto-regenerated nightly out of CVS.