Presumably working egcs (was Re: Make and globbing (alpha))

On Friday, 30 Oct, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> The big problem is that we removed gcc 2.7.2.3 ages ago (and good riddance
> for the most part, IMO).  I'm trying to resurrect an older version of egcs
> to use as an alternate compiler for such things, but so far, I haven't had
> the time to mess with it.

I have dpkg-repacked the gcc I use (egcs-1.0.3 prerelase) and
tar-gzipped another snapshot which I've lost control files for.  I
don't know how good those versions are, though for me they have been
working very well so far.  They can be found on genie.ucd.ie in
/pub/alpha/debian.

	Nikita