Re: Make and globbing (alpha)

    CCC> On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Hilarion wrote:
    >> This is somewhat related, but I've been able to get a new Jade
    >> to compile on my Alpha system quite easily.  It didn't "work"
    >> before getting it the newer SGMLtools (2.0) package--and
    >> everything now works.  Using gcc 2.7.2.3, as egcs 1.03a doesn't
    >> work with it for some strange reason.
    CCC> The big problem is that we removed gcc 2.7.2.3 ages ago (and
    CCC> good riddance for the most part, IMO).  I'm trying to
    CCC> resurrect an older version of egcs to use as an alternate
    CCC> compiler for such things, but so far, I haven't had the time
    CCC> to mess with it.

  I managed to build it a while back with a CVS snapshot, but I don't
know if it works or not - I have no idea how to test it :) It's at
http://www.eris.rcpt.to/jade if anyone wants to try it. I was
communicating with the maintainer about some build problems, but I
think he's leery about making changes based upon the pickiness of a
compiler not officially released (which is fair enough).

m.