Re: Make and globbing (alpha)

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> Makes sense.  Thinking about it (and looking into the source a bit), it
> seems to be used more than I expected.  I added a test for it in the
> configure scripts already, but it still wants to pass -I./glob.  I'll have
> to fix this too...(tomorrow...gotta go to sleep soon).
>
> > faure{jgg}~/work/apt/doc#make
> > echo Creating html for dpkg-tech.sgml to ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
> > Creating html for dpkg-tech.sgml to ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
> > rm -rf ../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html
> > (HERE=`pwd`; cd ../build/doc && debiandoc2html $HERE/dpkg-tech.sgml)
> > /usr/bin/debiandoc2html: line 61: 31908 Segmentation fault      nsgmls -l
> > "$nsgmlsi" >"$tf1"
> > make: *** [../build/doc/dpkg-tech.html] Error 139
> >
> > Anyone know something about this? [ Should I file a bug or what is the
> > usual procedure? ]
>
> Don't bother.  It's known.  We haven't been able to compile a new version
> of jade (where nsgmls comes from) for awhile now.  I'm working on it,
> though, and hope to get it to work Real Soon Now(TM).
>
> > Also, anyone care to suggest how stable debian-alpha is? Should I
> > regularly upgrade faure or ??
>
> I would regularly update it (by regularly, I mean weekly or more if
> possible).  Paul and I are building packages right and left and trying to
> keep up with the i386 maintainers.  Also, alot of things are changing with
> graphics libs now and they'll require an update of every gtk-based package
> soon.

This is somewhat related, but I've been able to get a new Jade to compile
on my Alpha system quite easily.  It didn't "work" before getting it the
newer SGMLtools (2.0) package--and everything now works.  Using gcc
2.7.2.3, as egcs 1.03a doesn't work with it for some strange reason.

(Don't mind me--I'm hoping for Debian-Alpha to get going so I can download
it!)