Re: Weird things with X and apps

On Wed 28 Oct 1998, Ove Thomasson wrote:

> X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> denied)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  129 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
>   Serial number of failed request:  49

Start gimp (and other GTK apps!) with the --no-xshm flag. I'm not sure
what the deal is (i.e. whether the problem is with the kernel or with
the X server), but the application can apparently not access X server
shared memory, which it tries to do by default.

Unfortunately the library doesn't fall back to --no-xshm automatically
if it fails at first...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org