Boot Disk wont create

Hello,

At the end of the Debian install, it will ask you if you want to create boot
files on the HD, or on a boot floppy.  I understand why I can't put boot
files dirctly on the HD from the Debian install, because I'm using SRM.
BUT, when I tell it to create a boot floppy, I went through three floppies
and all of them it told me it couldn't copy the boot files.  (or some error
to that nature)

I do have a 5 Meg partition at the beginning of the disk, partitioned fat16
just for the purpose of bootfiles for debian, but since SRM won't see my HD,
I know I'm going to need either BOOTP or a boot floppy.  Can anyone tell me
why it was having such trouble creating a disk?  And maybe what I need to do
to create my own manually?

Thanks for all the help.

Steve