Re: What do you think?

    CCC> Ok...I'll recompile the new glibc with the patch you sent me.
    CCC> I'll also see if I can generate a dpkg that works and is
    CCC> patched also.  My question is, which needs to be installed
    CCC> first?  Do I need one to install/run the other?  I feel like
    CCC> I'm looking at the chicken and the egg.

  Installing them together (ie, 'dpkg -i newlibc.deb newdpkg.deb')
should always work, but I suspect that if you aren't running a kernel
that's already causing dpkg problems, you can get away with installing
the libc first. I'm compiling up Guenter's kernel patch now, so if
that works, I'll let you know :)

m.