Re: where did the binary-alpha material move to?

On Mon 27 Jul 1998, Andreas U. Trottmann wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 05:33:51PM +0200, Wim Vandeputte wrote:
>
> > I understand that now Hamm (2.0) is out officially, the unofficial AXP
> > material is move to another tree... but where is it on the offical ftp sites?
>
> Alpha (and everything else except i386 and m68k) is now in sid instead of
> hamm. slink was not touched by the change.

According to Guy Maor,

: Everything in sid is linked from slink.  sid is for architectures that
: have yet to be released.  That way when it's time to release slink, I
: don't have to the bandwidth-expensive move of binaries out of it.

debian/dists/slink/main/binary-alpha is a symlink to
debian/dists/sid/main/binary-alpha...

So, apparently what used to be hamm/Alpha is now disappeared.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands