Re: apropos/whatis

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018, Michael Dietrich wrote:

> yes, this is exactly, what i get. but i can't look for the problem -
> the source package needs autoheader installed - whatever that is :(
> also you need db-dev package. someone else has time for that and an
> alpha with more disk space?

I recompiled with several different db libraries and found that this
happens mostly when built with glibc's db support.  I recompiled again
with libdb2 installed and it works like a champ on my system.

Try this and let me know how it goes: install libdb2 (I use 2.3.16-7) and
see if that fixes the problem.  It could be that it wasn't included in the
dependency list, but was needed (can't remember if I built the latest
mandb or not...if so, it was built using db2).  It seems that the bad file
descriptor problem comes from a db call to open a new db file, which it
seems glibc's db can't do properly.

Also, I'm close to figuring out what's causing those OSF mmap calls.  I'm
going to try to fix that today (time allowing) and figure out how to
prevent that in the future, at least with this package....