Re: Compiling packages

On Wed 18 Mar 1998, Guenter Geiger wrote:

>  > OK, how about I try mail?
>  OK !

Retrieving the sources as we speak (I'm also looking in Incoming on
master for the latest stuff).

>  > >  I compiled my own egcs here from a snapshot of 980302, because
>  > >  I couldn't find the source package from Chris. If you want to give it
>  > >  a try: <ftp://iem.mhsg.ac.at/debian/egcs>
>  Sorry, it's there now !
>  Be careful with it, because it was just meant for internal use.
>  I still hope to get the debian/rules file from Chris.
>  So it has wrong version numbering (2.91.23 instead of 1.0.1 ..)

Whatever :-)  I'm mainly interested in seeing whether this will compile
2.1.xx for me (the version currently on the debian mirrors doesn't).

>  I agree. Probably we really get more people for testing if a
>  scratch installation would run smoothly ..

Hmmm, maybe I'll see if something can be done to improve the
installation stuff. Who is "responsible" for the boot disks currently?

Paul Slootman
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands
Support Randal Schwartz!