Re: Frequent "unaligned access", an init that dies, ... (fwd)

On Wednesday, 22 Oct, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
>
> > Bingo!
> > That's the only driver we've gotten working (we've got the
> > same driver on a lot of machines here, but the other ones
> > are Pentia).
> > Hm. Perhaps I should look for a newer version of the driver.

Did you try DE4X5?  I have a Tulip chip in my AlphaStation, and it works
perfectly with DE4X5.  Much better than with the tulip driver.

> As I said, there is a patch for it.  I'll have to dig it out, but, to my
> knowledge, it hasn't been included in the stock driver yet....
>
> Maybe somebody with something other than a UDB may have this patch
> handy...(hint hint)....

It's something like one #define has been changed to extend some memory
copying operations or something like this.  I don't remember.  It's
really very short and it should be somewhere in axp-list archives.
Oh, right, here we go:

> If you're using the tulip.c driver of Donald Becker, change:
>
> #define SKBUFF_RX_COPYBREAK 200
> #define SKBUFF_RX_COPYBREAK 16384

	Nikita