On my installation problems

I reported problems getting Debian installed on a computer at work. We've
been running Red Hat for a few days, and the computer still crashes. So
it's a kernel problem (we have 2.0.27), or a hardware problem. I'm trying
to get 2.0.30 to boot on it, but am not yet successful (a self-compiled
2.0.27 does boot), and will try 2.0.29 as well.

(I'm sure all the problems I had with Debian weren't due to the kernel
or hardware, but I need to get those fixed first.)