RFS: rocblas/5.5.1+dfsg-2~exp1 -- ROCm library for basic linear algebra

Hello,

I believe that I have fixed all issues mentioned in my previous RFS for rocblas [1]. The 5.5.1+dfsg-1 package that I uploaded the other day fixed some serious bugs caused by stray references to DFSG-excluded Tensile replacement kernels. Removing those references not only fixed the FTBFS bug, but it seems to have fixed a number of test failures on GFX9 GPUs.

This RFS for 5.5.1+dfsg-2~exp1 is now pretty boring. It basically just adds the librocblas-doc and librocblas0-tests packages, plus a couple minor patches that should help arm64 and ppc64el (more verbose output during compiling and the deletion of an unused include for x86 intrinsics).

Slightly off-topic, but at time of writing, I have a few packages awaiting sponsorship: hipfft [2], rocalution [3], rocsolver [4]. I know Christian is very busy getting a Debian CI set up, so if anyone else is able to help review these, it would be very much appreciated. The rocalution package doesn't even require a GPU.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rocblas":

 * Package name     : rocblas
   Version          : 5.5.1+dfsg-2~exp1
 * URL              : https://github.com/rocmsoftwareplatform/rocblas
 * License          : Expat and BSD-3-Clause-Open-MPI, Expat and BSD-3-clause, Expat or NCSA, Expat
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocblas
   Section          : devel

The source builds the following binary packages:

  librocblas0 - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - library
  librocblas-dev - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - headers
  librocblas0-tests - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - tests
  librocblas0-tests-data - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - test data
  librocblas-doc - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - documentation

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/rocblas/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rocblas/rocblas_5.5.1+dfsg-2~exp1.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

 rocblas (5.5.1+dfsg-2~exp1) experimental; urgency=medium
 .
   * Add librocblas-doc package providing library documentation.
   * Add librocblas0-tests and librocblas0-tests-data packages
     for autopkgtests.
   * Add patches to fix build errors on arm64 and ppc64el.

Regards,
--
  Cordell Bloor

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-ai/2023/07/msg00055.html