RFS: rocalution/5.3.3-1 [ITP] -- ROCm library for iterative sparse solvers

I've prepared an initial package for rocalution. There are two big caveats to the packaging for this library:

1. rocALUTION abstracts over both a CPU implementation and a GPU implementation. The CPU implementation is provided directly by librocalution.so and the GPU backend is provided by librocalution_hip.so. Unfortunately, if you choose to build with GPU support, then librocalution.so require librocalution_hip.so (i.e., DT_NEEDED).

The GPU backend depends on rocblas and rocsparse, so it adds quite a bit of heft. In addition, it restricts the architectures that the package can support. I will try to work with upstream to see if it can be moved to a plugin-style solution using dlopen, so that the HIP backend can be packaged separately. I already have a similar task on my plate rocSOLVER and rocSPARSE. It seems my work will have a theme this month.

In my opinion, the host implementation is itself interesting enough to merit inclusion even without a GPU backend, so I am omitting the GPU backend for now. These sorts of sparse iterative solvers are great for fluid simulations and the built-in MPI support should be very useful for scaling to large problem sizes.

2. The rocALUTION library provides a C++ API and even just for the host implementation there were over twelve thousand symbols. I have omitted symbol tracking for that reason.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rocalution":

 * Package name     : rocalution
   Version          : 5.3.3-1
 * URL              : https://github.com/rocmsoftwareplatform/rocalution
 * License          : Expat
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocalution
   Section          : devel

The source builds the following binary packages:

  librocalution0 - ROCm library for iterative sparse solvers - library
  librocalution-dev - ROCm library for iterative sparse solvers - headers
  librocalution0-tests - ROCm library for iterative sparse solvers - tests
  librocalution-doc - ROCm library for iterative sparse solvers - documentation

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/rocalution/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rocalution/rocalution_5.3.3-1.dsc

Changes for the initial release:

 rocalution (5.3.3-1) experimental; urgency=medium
 .
   * Initial release. (Closes: #1023168)

Regards,
--