RFS: rocblas/5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2 -- ROCm library for basic linear algebra

Howdy folks,

I have prepared packages for the rocblas tests and documentation. There were a handful of tests that I configured the build/autopkgtests to skip. Those skipped tests would otherwise crash within OpenBLAS during the computation of the expected result. I have not yet investigated whether this is a bug in OpenBLAS or within the rocblas-test program. The upstream project primarily compares against AOCL BLIS, so they may not have encountered this problem.

In rocblas 5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2, I have disabled arm64 and ppc64el because buildd has not managed to build any version of rocblas for those architectures yet. This is because the Tensile component requires more system resources to build than are available. An example might illustrate why. One step of the build process includes compiling Kernels.cpp, which is a 77 megabyte C++ source file containing all Tensile-generated source kernels. There are many other parts of the Tensile build that are also resource-intensive, but that is a representative example of the overall design of the build process.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rocblas":

 * Package name     : rocblas
   Version          : 5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2
 * URL              : https://github.com/rocmsoftwareplatform/rocblas
 * License          : Expat or NCSA, Expat, Expat and BSD-3-clause, Expat and BSD-3-Clause-Open-MPI
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocblas
   Section          : devel

The source builds the following binary packages:

  librocblas0 - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - library
  librocblas-dev - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - headers
  librocblas0-tests - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - tests
  librocblas0-tests-data - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - test data
  librocblas-doc - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - documentation

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/rocblas/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rocblas/rocblas_5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

 rocblas (5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2) experimental; urgency=medium
 .
   * Add librocblas-doc package providing library documentation.
   * Add librocblas0-tests and librocblas0-tests-data packages
     for autopkgtests.
   * Fix maintainer name.
   * Add d/p/0014-fix-missing-language-attribute.patch to fix builds
     with a reduced set of AMDGPU_TARGETS.
   * Limit build architectures to amd64 because the system resource
     requirements for building Tensile exceed the capacity of the
     build servers for arm64 and ppc64el.

Regards,
--
  Cordell Bloor