Re: rocprim review (Was: rocprim and rocthrust copyright review)

Hi Cory,

Étienne Mollier, on 2022-10-13:
> Cordell Bloor, on 2022-10-13:
> > I've been working on librocprim2-dev (5.3.0-1). I think it just needs to be
> > updated with the ITP bug number (#1021695) and go through copyright review,
> > then it'll be ready for submission. The packaging depends on some of the
> > fixes for rocm-hipamd that are currently in experimental, so it would
> > probably go into experimental itself. The librocthrust2-dev (5.3.0-1)
> > package is still a work-in-progress, but it's very similar to rocprim and
> > should reach the same state within the next few days.
>
> That's great to read!  I will be busy focusing on release
> critical bugs during a BSP this weekend, but I'll be happy to
> help with the review next week while migrating ROCm 5.2.3 to
> unstable, if no one beats me at one or both.

I took some time to lookup the rest of the packaging for rocprim
and here are my observations:

d/control:
 * don't hesitate to add yourself as one of the uploaders if you
   are interested in packaging rocprim an its maintenance;
 * I would specify that Rules-Requires-Root: no, this is a
   pedantic lintian flag though.

The package is in good shape in my opinion.  Please ready the
d/changelog for upload to unstable instead of UNRELEASED (with
dch -r), and request for sponsoring here once you're happy with
the state of the package for upload to New.

Thank you for your contributions!  :)
--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da