Re: ROCm RFS - workflow and pipeline

yep, my bad, made a "repo forall sed" already,
only comgr was left contaminated. Done.

On 2/4/22 04:21, M. Zhou wrote:
Hi Maxime,

You may want to apply this patch to some other git repositories:
https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocr-runtime/-/commit/f265ebf2b277a70c1c3322e15f55ba6ccc866afa

Arch-specific code in d/rules is bad.

On Fri, 2022-02-04 at 01:27 +0100, Maxime Chambonnet wrote:
On 2/3/22 23:45, M. Zhou wrote:
rocr-runtime still has build dependency in NEW queue.
If we upload that it will immediately receive FTBFS bug
due to missing dependency.

Let me know if any of you truly want to see the package
in experimental with its build dependencies being absent.
Once B-D's are set I'll take care of it.
If NEW is the bottleneck for the whole Debian project, as we
currently
see it being discussed in debian-devel@l.d.o., I would tend to think
that pushing interdependent packages simultaneously in the queue
would
be beneficial to the ROCm-Debian packaging effort.

If we push sequentially without masked time (parallel);
if on average it takes one month to pass NEW for one package;
if hipblas depends on hipsolver depends on rocsolver depends on
rocblas
   depends on rocrand depends on hipamd depends on rocr-runtime
   depends on rocm-device-libs;
it would take around 8 months for hipblas to reach experimental!
And then there are the barriers exp => sid => testing => stable...

Being ready to announce an _unstable_ packaging of the ROCm stack
2-3 months after ROCm 5.0.1 releases (bound to happen in the
following
weeks), would be good for the mindshare of ROCm in my opinion.