Re: collect debian-admintools

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Michael Bramer wrote:

> Hello
>
> Debian have a lot of Admins Tools like adduser, magicfilterconfig,
> linuxlogoconfig, pppconfig, gpmconfig, XF86Setup, and more
>
> Can we collect all this tools? I propose to use the menu system for
> this. With the need="debianconfig" option, we can collect this and write
> a [X11|gtk|kde|ncurses|.*]tool to find and use this tools.
>
> Comments?

I think this should be mandatory for all configuration (postinst) scripts
that require user interaction. Things like that have been mentioned more
then once on the list, and I dont know what the new apt interface does
with configuration scripts.  But anyhow, the user should have a
possibility to look at packages which require configuration and be
able to to reconfigure any time.

If it is possible to find out if the postinst scripts need interaction,
we could as well add them automatically.

Guenter