Re: QtAda & Debian

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 18:47:16 +0200
Ludovic Brenta
<ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> wrote:

> AdaCore provide GtkAda 3 as part of GNAT GPL 2013.  They plan to drop
> support for GtkAda 2 in the future, so as far as they are concerned,
> the future of GUI is GtkAda 3.

Unfortunately, it's true. However, I wrote to them asking about adding
Qt support 'cuase GTK2 is dead and GTK3 could be called GNOMEUI. :-/

> Your first steps are listed here:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-ada/2010/03/msg00003.html

Thank you.

> 1. install gnat-4.6 and Qt from the Debian repository

Done.

> 2. install and build QtAda from sources (select one or the other
>    binding)

I was able to build QtAda-3.2 snapshot using gnat/gcc-4.6, but had to
follow the following advice of removing and not calling Free procedure
in one example: http://qt-project.org/wiki/qtada_fedora

> 3. if step 2 requires patching QtAda or the build scripts of QtAda,
>    send the patches upstream

I've tried with setting CC to 4.7, but the build was still invoking 4.6.
Any hint?

Will to research more...

> 4. start packaging QtAda for Debian
> 5. send an email to this list requesting for a sponsor to upload your
>    package to Debian
> 6. when gnat-4.8 reaches unstable, update the packaging

TBD. :-)

> Don't hold your breath for gnat-4.8 though because I'm having problems
> finding the time to work on it.

OK. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--
He who is satisfied with gain which comes of its own accord, who
is free from duality and does not envy, who is steady in both