Re: Building SSL Clients with AWS

Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> writes:

> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:13:51 +0100, Mart van de Wege wrote:
>>>  - It seems that compiling AWS with GNUTLS gives an error of some
>>> kind (just something I read somewhere - I haven't gotten that far
>>> combining AWS and GNUTLS yet).
>> That's in the readme you mentioned. It apparently overflows
>> something somewhere and throws a segmentation fault.
>
> Yes, although the segmentation fault does not necessarily imply an
> overflow; it might as well be a double-free or a null pointer
> dereference.

I was quoting from memory; I read it yesterday. Of course you are right,
there's more than one reason to segfault; that was carelessly formulated
by me.

> Here is the change in the packaging that reverted from
> GNUTLS to no strong crypto because of this problem.  As you can see
> the changes are mostly in the .gpr files and in debian/rules to link
> libaws.so against the appropriate crypto libraries.  With this
> information you should be able to build a bespoke version of libaws
> using OpenSSL.
>
> http://green.ada-france.org:8081/revision/info/81d3488982a5ed55d549fd11b8d2c23cf66a050f
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks. I haven't gotten time to look at it in detail, as I am at work,
but from a quick glance, I *was* barking up the right tree. These diffs
are going to be a lot of help.

Mart

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.