Re: Building SSL Clients with AWS

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:13:51 +0100, Mart van de Wege wrote:
- It seems that compiling AWS with GNUTLS gives an error of some kind
   (just something I read somewhere - I haven't gotten that far
   combining AWS and GNUTLS yet).

That's in the readme you mentioned. It apparently overflows something
somewhere and throws a segmentation fault.

Yes, although the segmentation fault does not necessarily imply an overflow; it might as well be a double-free or a null pointer dereference. Here is the change in the packaging that reverted from GNUTLS to no strong crypto because of this problem. As you can see the changes are mostly in the .gpr files and in debian/rules to link libaws.so against the appropriate crypto
libraries.  With this information you should be able to build a bespoke
version of libaws using OpenSSL.

http://green.ada-france.org:8081/revision/info/81d3488982a5ed55d549fd11b8d2c23cf66a050f

Hope this helps