Re: Please release the Ada Reference Manual formatting tool as Free Software

Tero Koskinen <tero.koskinen@iki.fi> writes:

> Personally, I would use "GPLv2 + later" wording. This is because
> GPLv2 and GPLv3 are incompatible with each other:
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v2v3Compatibility
>
> Situations where you need to combine GPLv2 only Ada code with GPLv3
> arm-formatter and *distribute* the result, are probably rare, but
> just in case. :)

We have to let the past expire sometime. Now is a good time to move on
to GPL v3. All of my upstream sources are GPL v3; FSF policy is to
upgrade all their packages to v3.

The problem only occurs with old packages that are "GPL v2", rather than
"GPL v2 or later". I'm ok with simply declaring such packages broken.

To avoid the same problem with current packages, they should be "GPL v3 or
later".

--
-- Stephe