Re: OT, Re: Which softwares to install ?

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 1:42 PM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Hello,

D.J.J. Ring, Jr., le lun. 18 juil. 2022 13:10:52 -0400, a ecrit:
> Didier has helped with bugs that were mentioned here on the list affecting
> upstream projects. That's certainly in line with the stated Project Goals.

Yes, sure, and this is very welcome. But cooperation doesn't mean
driving users onto another distribution for a random reason.

Samuel

Hello Samuel,
Nonsense, Samuel, Didier didn't do that, the subject under discussion was login greeter and accessibility.

What Didier said was:

Correct, but probably it depends on the greeter in use.
For the GTK greeter it's F4
I just uploaded an ISO with it, for who has some time to kill:
https://slackware.uk/slint/x86_64/slint-15.0/iso/

In other words, Didier has put in a new accessible GTK greeter in the beta version of slint, unreleased as of now and first announced on this list! and he invited anyone to try the F4 GTK greeter.

He wasn't proselytizing for a different distribution, he was merely saying "I've included the F4 GTK greeter in the upcoming release of Slint, if anyone wants to try it, here's the iso to try it and reading into his comment "time to kill" suggests that it might not yet be without bugs, but that's my reading into his comment.

It was an incidental comment, his main comment was that the GTK accessible greeter is F4.
His incidental comments is that it's available in Slint's pre-rerelease of slint-15 and he gave the iso location.

My gosh, if I mentioned Vinux in a post, would I get the same verbal upbraiding and battering?  It's totally ungenerous and not deserved.

DR