Re: Which softwares to install ?

There are places on the Internet where it says that since Debian is the premier accessible distribution, the debian-accessibility list is the default location to access accessibility information.

I find that to be so.

His announcement, especially considering how very terse it was, certainly wasn't tedious to me.

If it were very long and weekly, I would agree.

From

The Debian-Accessibility mailing list is the central point of communication for Debian-Accessibility. It serves as a forum for potential, as well as current, users of the Debian system who do have special needs. Additionally, it is used to coordinate development efforts around the various topics of Accessibility.

Project goals
Bring authors of different projects with similar goals together.

It's even one of the Project goals of this list.

The Project goals match the information that's elsewhere, that is a list where blind users can find discussion of open source accessible Linux.

The Project goals are generous, and inclusive of those who are trying to help the community of those helping the community that needs accessibility.

I was proud to belong to such a project, even though I only test things, it was a very good project the way the Project Goals say.

Regards,

David

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 10:34 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
D.J.J. Ring, Jr., le lun. 18 juil. 2022 10:27:19 -0400, a ecrit:
> Didier's email was just information, and I do not see any recent emails from
> him mentioning Slint,

He keeps repeating it on the list, it's not that often, but it's often
enough that in the end it becomes tedious. I'm not sending mails to the
slint, redhat, etc. mailing lists to tell them whenever Debian gets
new features to be tested. The slint mailing lists should be more than
enough to send such announcements.