Re: Which softwares to install ?

Samuel,

Didier's email was just information, and I do not see any recent emails from him mentioning Slint, I mentioned it to

LibreFaso who is trying to help a group of blind students as a recommendation of a very easy to use system, with excellent documentation and very stable for the user.

14 words and a URL that was only submitted once is not such a bad thing, the users of this list, such as myself who use both Slint and Debian might have been interested in the announcement, and I know others here use Slint, and maybe others would try it.

It's very good, and I believe the public rebuke is uncalled for, especially when it was such a short email, and not one that was repeated.

It casts a poor light on this Debian list, I am ashamed of what was done to Didier, and I love both Debian and Slint.

Slint is much easier to use but Debian can do things that Slint cannot, so I use both.

I appreciated the announcement, I didn't know that a major release was in the works, congratulations to Didier who works alone doing such a fine, free, no cost accessible work, everything just works in Slint with no tweaking at all.

Samuel, I think maybe you were confused, there was no repeat mention by Didier of Slint, but it shouldn't be 100% off topic, it's a very good thing, it's open source and if you like something from Slint, you could use it for Debian.

Didier mentioning this was good for the list readers.

Regards,
David

On Mon, Jul 18, 2022 at 8:39 AM Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Didier Spaier, le lun. 18 juil. 2022 14:00:55 +0200, a ecrit:
> Le 18/07/2022 à 12:48, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> > There is no need to unsubscribe, you just need to refrain from
> > gratuitous advertisement.
>
> So informing about external projects, even if free as in free speech (also as in
> free beer in case of Slint) and open source is considered as a frowned upon
> gratuitous advertisement here.

When it is unsollicited and repeated, yes, that's basically what spam
is.