Re: large VGA font in speech-based installer.

Le 19/08/2021 à 09:18, Samuel Thibault a écrit :
> But the actual result completely depends on the actual resolution that
> your framebuffer is getting.

In a previous Slint installer, to help people with low vision I used fbterm to display texts, adapting the font size to this resolution, to maximize the font size while displaying at least a fixed number of rows and columns for a proper
layout of the text.

Of course fbterm is not usable by brltty and espeakup, so in these cases was
not used.

The program I used to get the characteristics of the frame buffer is checkfb.c
(not written by me) that I just uploaded here:
https://github.com/DidierSpaier/unsorted

Cheers,
Didier