Re: large VGA font in speech-based installer.

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:
> doing so would help users with minimal but some vision to
> have the screen to reinforce what they hear with the screen reader.

That makes sense indeed.

One thing is: there is no such thing as "the largest font available", we
can always draw larger fonts, up to displaying just one letter at a time
on the display :)

What would be a reasonable number of letters shown on the display? There
is the usual 80x25 terminal sizes. With the apparently-common 800x600
fbdev resolution we currently have 100x37 (8x16 font). 80x25 would need
a 10x24 font (we already have a 10x20 terminus font, that would make a
80x30 terminal). Ideally the user would have a shortcut to tune the
size, it's however not that simple.