Re: method for booting the talking network installation with non-free firmware from the hard drive using grub

Nick Gawronski, le lun. 30 août 2021 16:27:29 -0500, a ecrit:
> The issue is that all of my network cards require non-free firmware
> to load is there a version of the GTK network boot files that contain
> this firmware?

Ah, no, the firmwares are not inside the initrd.
But you can cat the initrd.gz and the firmware.cpio.gz file from
https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/firmware/bullseye/current/
to produce one file that you give to the initrd command of grub, that
should be doing it.

> With grub in the default configuration can you type in a label to
> launch it

Grub's menuentry command has a --hotkey parameter, yes:

menuentry --hotkey=i 'Install' {
  etc.
}