Re: Console Font for Lower Vision People

On 1/7/20, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@panix.com> wrote:
> When I worked for the Navy, a recommendation was made to all employees to
> use Lucida-bright font.  I don't know that this one is even available but
> it got recommended due to its easy visibility.

Just chiming in with two fonts that are on my own radar. One is called
"fonts-opendyslexic" with a description that says, "Font designed to
increase readability for readers with dyslexia". I've never tried it.
I just keep it in conscious memory for moments just like this.. :)

The other is "ttf-anonymous-pro". This is one of the first packages I
install on every debootstrap I do these days. The description is
"fixed width sans serif font designed for coders". It was made for
people who spend a lot of time trying to sift through code on
[terminal] windows. I LOVE it..

Am mentioning both in case a test drive shows that they might help
someone out here..

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey