Re: Console Font for Lower Vision People

Does the TerminusBold32x16.psf.gz should work too?

Best regards.

Le 07/01/2020 à 16:15, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. a écrit :
Hello,

Debian has a program to reconfigure console font, but it does not
include the larger size fonts such as Terminus ter-v32b.psf.gz which
is the largest font size available, on modern distros is is readable
for people with less than 20/20 vision.

Could someone in this group get this to be included in Debian, and for
the dpkg-reconfigure console setup incorporate it as low vision font.

I don't have the skills, but I believe if someone does, and it might
be simple, fonts can be generated by this font into larger sizes.

These suggestions would be useful.

I got my font size larger, by copying the  ter-v32b.psf.gz console
font file from a computer running Arch Linux and setting it up in
Debian in /etc/rc.d/rc.font

rc.font containing this line:
setfont -v ter-v32b.psf.gz

The file rc.font was then made executable.  Rebooting gave me the
large font in console which previously was not even available in
Debian.

Debian has nearly everything, but it lacks this.

Regards,
David