Re: sound card ordering

Helo,

On 23/08/2019 17:35, Keith Barrett wrote:

On 23/08/2019 00:08, Didier Spaier wrote:
Hello,

Just to be sure, please attach /etc/modprobe.d/soundcards.conf to your next post

OK, here it is:

options <intel_hda> index=0
options <snd_oxygen> index=1

It should be:

options snd_hda_intel index=0
options snd_oxygen index=1

Best regards,

Didier

And type as root:
chmod 644 /etc/modprobe.d/soundcards.conf
although it has probably these permissions already.tried that but no change.

One more thought, can there be more than one .conf file in /etc/modprobe.d as I have one called local.conf as well which loads the speakup_soft module?

Best,

Didier