Re: espeakup stopping speaking and slugish interuption of speech

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019, Frank Carmickle wrote:

on hold. If I run anything after these versions I run into trouble with espeakup stopping speaking.. Today I tried current buster and I’m still seeing these issues. A simple

I forgot to report this in my email yesterday.

The only trouble I ran into with the Stretch netinst installer was that I left it speaking while it was detecting the network stuff and everything. It eventually stopped speaking but hadn't spoken everything, and I couldn't get it to speak again.

I didn't try the pkill command as I hadn't seen this email at the time.

I rebooted and reran the installer, and as long as I didn't let it speak too long, it was fine.

Cheers,
Geoff.